Once September hits, I get that itch. That fall-is-coming-even-though-it-never-gets-cold-and-I-still-need-to-celebrate-it itch. Honestly, one of the only downfalls to Hawaii is that the staples of fall don’t really exist here. There is no chill in the air. No apple orchards, pumpkin picking, bundling up by the […]
Month: September 2017
Houseguest. For most people they hear the word and the following tumbles through their mind simultaneously; burden, inconvenience, stress. Well maybe I’m crazy, but not me! And especially not, when the houseguest in question is my best friend in the whole entire world, who also […]
Painful baby gas, constipation, frequent spitting up.
For those of you that have been following us for a bit on this little journey we like to call life, you know that our little Miss Roxy Girl is what I like to call our “Tummy Trouble” baby… or our gassy baby, puke-y baby… you get get the gist… (I’m sorry baby, mommy loves you in all your gassy, puke-y glory!!)
And most days we have to try a few different methods to help relieve her of that gas.
For any other parents out there that have a tummy trouble baby, here a few easy steps to try and help relieve their discomfort!
- Position: Whether breast or bottle, sometimes the position in which you are feeding your little one can lead to an increase in air in the tummy. This will lead to more gas! So while feeding try and be sure that you have their head higher than their tummy to help prevent any excess air.
- Bottle: And, if you are using a bottle, the same concept applies to the nipple being used. Make sure that it fits baby’s mouth correctly to help alleviate any excess air from slipping in while they are eating!
- Burp: And burp, and burp again!! The best way to help alleviate gas, is the get it out before it gets down and out! Haha! (Sorry I crack myself up.)
- Tummy Time: Laying baby down on her tummy may also help to relieve gas pressure and get it to make an exit in a less painful way!
- Bike Ride: Lastly, help baby ride that bike!! Rotate her legs in a bicycle motion, to once again, help move things right along and get that uncomfortable gas outta there!!
Now, we do these things daily! Our little princess has just been the more unfortunate of our two children when it comes to “gut problems”.
It’s because of this that I began to research ways to help her with this issue, long term. When doing so, I found a great deal of information regarding her gut health and probiotics.
Apparently, for many babies today, there is a good bacteria called B. infantis that is no longer present in their bodies due to modern medical practices such as, formula feeding, C-sections, and antibiotics.
And B. infantis is super important to babies health because it helps to regulate your baby’s gut, which in turn helps baby to have a healthy metabolism as well as immune system.
Now with Roxy having as many tummy troubles as she does so early on, I want to take every step that I can to help her achieve a good, solid health foundation for life.
And that is where is Evivo comes in…
I am 100% sure you are asking, “What the heck is Evivo?”
Well, it is a daily probiotic powder for your baby! Evivo, when mixed with breast milk and fed to your baby, will help to release nutrients in breast milk that creates a protective internal environment in your baby’s gut.
There are a few key things I learned in my research of Evivo:
- B. infantisis critical during the crucial early months of life when baby’s metabolism and immune system are developing
- A healthy baby gut is linked to a healthy baby metabolism and immune system.
- B. infantis is the good bacteria that minimizes the potentially harmful ones—especially those that are linked to a higher risk for conditions like colic, eczema, allergies, obesity, and diabetes.
Honestly, the more I read about it, the more sense it makes. That is why I am giving it to Roxy Girl everyday to help her get the best head start that she can at kicking those adulthood tummy troubles!!
And if you would like to give Evivo a try, use code BLOG3101 to receive $10 off an Evivo Probiotics Starter Kit of 4 weeks or more, or you can use code BLOG3102 to receive $20 off a 12, 20, or 24-week starter kit!